Chronic Care Management (CCM)
Care management is intensive clinical management that supports patient self-management efforts through education, counseling, specialized services, evidence-based practices, and decision support.
Our current care program for diabetics
Together with your primary care physician, the EFA clinical practice coordinator forms and coordinates a proactive and interprofessional care team that is right for you.
Our practice coordinator will assist you with topics including:
- Counseling sessions on the chronic disease diabetes mellitus (nutrition, exercise, etc.)
- Various controls (e.g. diabetic foot controls etc.)
- Various instructions (e.g. blood glucose self-measurement etc.)
- Various trainings (e.g. hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia. etc.)
- Medication Management
- Joint development of action plans and targets
- Guidance and support in self-management
- Coordination of referrals to specialists and other healthcare institutions.
Being chronically ill or accompanying chronically ill persons can be difficult...
...talk to those affected! Self-help groups
The goal of CCM is to familiarize you with the diagnosis and help you lead a largely independent and active lifestyle. You will be considered an important team member with your experience, who will receive further training, advice and support from the practice coordinator regarding your chronic illness. To empower them to take an active role in managing their chronic disease.
In this way, you can recognize changes in the long term, react to them in a way appropriate to the situation, improve your quality of life in the process and avoid late effects.
Do you have any obligations?
No. You have the option to withdraw from the care program at any time. Treatment costs are covered by health insurance in accordance with the Health Insurance Act (KVG).
What else you can expect
- Getting to know your disease together
- Help in the jungle of medical terms
- Reorganization of your everyday life
- Finding tools and their application
- Referral to specialized agencies in your social environment
- Contact person for all your problems
- Showing measurable disease progression (blood sugar, blood pressure, weight...)
- Contact person also for your relatives
- Our expertise is up to date for you
We give you our fullest trust - Will you give us yours?
Do you want to make an appointment?
Patricia Pirovino, MPK EFA, Chronic Care Management